Home > Types of Study Abroad-Away Programs
Misericordia University offers you the opportunity to study abroad-away for a summer session or sessions, a semester or during a spring break. Your choice of duration might be a function of a variety of factors. You will need to consider your major (what courses you need and when can you do them abroad) and what sort of personal and/or family needs you have relative to being away.
Types of Study Abroad-Away Programs
There are several different types of study abroad-away programs you have access to:
- Short-term Misericordia Faculty-led programs which usually take place in the summer or in some instances, the month of January or over spring break.
- Semester and summer programs where you are enrolled in a foreign university.
- Semester and summer programs that are designed specifically for American universities.
- Short-term Misericordia-led Service programs which usually take place in the summer, the month of January or Spring break.
- Study Abroad programs are currently located in: Australia, England, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Spain and Wales.
- Misericordia University Faculty-Led study programs are currently located in: Canada, Ireland, Italy and Tanzania.
- Misericordia University Service Programs are currently located in: Jamaica and Tanzania.
Using the sensory board. Left: Maria Weidemoyer Right: Amanda Casem
|Working on positioning and wheelchair adaptations at My Father’s House.
Pictured: John Ignatovich and
Dr. Jennifer Dessoye
|Feeding at My Father’s House.
Pictured: Jamie Opela